Our beautiful chapel located on the property dates back to 1941 when it was constructed as the base chapel for Morris Field. Morris Field was a WWII Army Air Corps base used for training B-26 twin engine bombers. The chapel was originally located across the street from its present location on Airport Dr. After WWII ended, Morris Field was de-activated as a military installation and all of its buildings were distributed to the city of Charlotte as well as individual developers.
At that time, the chapel became the Morris Field Methodist Church which conducted services for many years. Eventually, the Methodist Church merged with another church and moved to Shopton Road. The Mecklenburg Baptist Association acquired the church and planted a Southern Baptist mission church. Several years later, the association turned the facility over to Jackson Park Baptist Church which held services up until 1998. During this time the church outgrew the space, moved to a new location and was renamed, Steele Creek Church of Charlotte.
Concurrent with this, Jackson Park Ministries was incorporated as a 501(c)(3), non-profit ministry and assumed ownership of the property including the chapel. Except for the aluminum siding, the chapel is virtually unchanged in its structure and appearance. The interior remains in original state with beautiful pine paneling, pews and handmade light fixtures. The chapel, through the years, has held a vast diversity of worshipers, both military and civilian. Presently the chapel host’s three different congregations; a vietnamese, latin and a non-denominational english church.