Homework Buddies: provide academic support and encouragement for the students in our after school program.
- Provide assistance with student’s homework with a main focus on math and literacy.
- Offer suggestions and help to develop effective study habits
- Actively engage in identifying the student’s academic strengths and weaknesses
- Check progress reports and report cards as a means of tracking the student’s progress
Family Mentors: To develop a relationship with a family that will promote positive relationships, development and decision-making.
- Provide a model for a healthy, trusting relationship through clear communication and setting appropriate boundaries.
- Acknowledging their strengths, talents and gifts and encouraging them to find ways to use them.
- Be an active listener and offer support and encouragement when appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Open line of communication with the family, Program Manager and Executive Director.
Events/Campus Projects: assist with completing various projects/tasks around the campus or during an event.
- Complete projects such as: cleaning the campus, lifting or rearranging supplies/furniture, posting signs around the community, etc.
- Set up/clean up before or after an event
- Take on event tasks such as: passing out flyers, serving food, setting up tables/stations, refilling items as needed, direct guests to event area, supervising children etc.
For more information & additional volunteer opportunities please contact: email@example.com